AutoBiography

Hello,
My name is Jasmine I plan on attending a community college for two years and transferring to the University of Arizona Downtown or Arizona State University where I will be working to earn my bachelor's degree in biology and continue my pursuit to being an ophthalmologist.Though I like to think that I have my future set up, I have a tendency of changing my career choice multiple of times. One thing for sure that I know is that I want to pursue my goal, in the medical field. This summer 2016 I was given the opportunity to be part of program; “STEM Internship Program” which requires every intern to put in at least 9+ hours a week to complete a total of 60 hours in one month. During my internship I was given a bacteria which had an unknown name, and through out my 60+ hours of being at Phoenix college my objective was to find out the name of our bacteria through multiple test. Then try to extract DNA from the bacteria using PCR Protocol. We also created Lysozyme from extracting egg-white from a chicken egg. At the end of my internship we were all required to write a research paper on our bacteria and the test that we ran on them. I'm a huge Netflix person but my favorite shows are; Greys Anatomy, Bones, House, The Office, Modern Family, and Once Upon a Time. When I have time, a couple of things I like to do are, make short clip movie films and go hiking, but what I like to mostly do is spend time with my niece Layla who is soon to be two months. I hope to get a step closer in determining the field study I want to go into with the S-Stem program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 6

Blog Post Week 12

WAESO Spring 2020