Blog Post Week 10: To be continued . . .

  
This week in lab I have done my first test of the microplastic and the Tempe Town Lake water. Huge shoutout to Ibrahim for helping me and showing me the steps of how to set up PIA plate. We only did SPI 1 as a sample run on the plate to see if any pseudonus would grow on the plate. We also did a TSA plate to see if any bacteria would grow and what we could determine from it. This week what I have also done is a TSA plate on the Tempe Town Lake water. I did the lawn method and streaking method on the TSA plates which then will be inoculated in a 36 C. I will be doing the PIA and TSA run for all 1-6 plastics and see if any of them show any growth. Also what I will be doing is doing gram stains and see how the bacteria may be shaped all.


Comments

  1. Hi Jas! It looks like you did several tests this week. Indeed, a shoutout to Ibrahim for helping you set the Pseudomonas Isolation Agar plate, it can be a bit tricky. How did the tests go? Did you find any Pseudomonas in your water because I am guessing there would be due to how common it actually is. I want to know more! Haha

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020