Blog Post Week 12



This week in Lab the only plastic I am waiting to weigh is SPI6. The reason this one is taking longer is because when I rinsed it with DI water it soaked some of the water up which meant I had to leave it in longer to dry out than the other plastics. Then when it was completely done drying I put the hydrogen peroxide to get rid of any nature products that could have been left behind. Right now they are still drying, until they are completely dry is when I will then be weighing it and that will conclude my last sample for weighing. After that I will finally have all data to analyze. I will be determining which extraction method/ water solution works best on microplastics. I will also be determining plastic loss in all three different solutions and see if there was a was to better change the protocol that the NOAA developed for extraction of microplastics from sediments.

Comments

  1. Hey, Jasmine, the fact that the SPI6 plastic is dragging your data analysis because it took longer dry up must have been bad news. Last week you were ready for your data analysis, which would’ve been interesting. You shouldn’t be worried though; sometimes setbacks give the best lessons. Now we know SPI6 plastic types take longer to dry up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jas,

    Congrats on almost being done with your project! I'll definitely be interested in seeing your results, since I love looking at graphs and I know you have like a 1000 of them that you've made. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jasmine, I am relatively new to everyone’s research projects, but from what I am reading in your blog post you are extracting different types of micro-plastics and weighing them. Correct me if I am wrong but you are you trying to determine which one degrades faster. From what I read from your older posts you have been working on this project for a year, so I am certain you have obtained very interesting information. I can’t wait until you present this, I would really love to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020