Wrapping First Year Up

This week during our TRAIN class our assignment was to create a Mind Set SMART goals. SMART is an acronym that can help you guide your goal setting. Specific (simple, sensible, significant). Measurable (meaningful, motivating).Achievable (agreed, attainable). Relevant (reasonable, realistic and resourced, results-based). Time bound (time-based, time limited, time/cost limited, timely, time-sensitive). This is how I used this method for one of my goals. 

S - Since MidWestern University is a Med-School Enrollment does begin early. I have made it a goal to enroll this month of April 2020, send in my paperwork and study all 2019 to take my Optometry Admission Test (OAT) 2020. This goal is important because it has always been a dream of mine to be a doctor , especially in an area that has significant meaning to me. My dad is my inspiration for me wanting to go into optometry because he has for years suffered with glaucoma and my want to understand what he is having issues with has been my inspiration. Midwestern University is located in Glendale, AZ and is 10-15 minutes away from ASU West which was highly convenient. 

M - How this is all measurable is by passing my OAT entrance exam with a combined score of 700/900 which is the upgraded score for 2020. Tuition for Optometry is $41,328 which means I will most likely take out student loans and be working part time to help pay. Also Midwestern offers a program where after graduation you work for the state for 4 years & it helps pay for ½ of your tuition. So I will probably take advantage of that opportunity.

A - I know I can definitely achieve this goal if I stay focused and keep my educational goals on track. For example, like I mentioned study every chance I get for my OAT and start saving up for my tuition. 

R - I believe that it  is definitely worthwhile because I have been taught to never look on the downside of it and be patient. I feel like I am on track with everything and graduate within a good year. I definitely believe I am the right person for this job because of my strong need to be great and passion for optometry. 


T - What I could do at the moment is order more OAT prep books. And go to study sessions and enrollment orientations that involvements that I could possibly participate in. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020