Blog Post Week 4




So the picture above shows the location of where I got the sample water though, though I regret not getting the coordinates of the exact location I took the water sample from because Tempe Town Lake is pretty big. This weekend while also this weekend I went to Tempe Town Lake again but the only difference was that there were a lot of dead fish just floating around and some even on shore. Which got me thinking if we might something new in the microplastic bacteria growth. There was also a report during 2014 where there was an extreme growth of E. Coli in Tempe Town Lake Water. “Tempe has received water samples from Town Lake taken Thursday morning that show E. coli bacteria more than 10 times higher than the state's allowable” (Tempe Town Lake 'unsafe' water sample threatens race). I missed another great opportunity and forgot to take pictures of the dead fish. So perhaps maybe this week I will go again and take pictures.

Comments

  1. Hey Jasmine! It's crazy how recent the report is. I know that there is a certain amount of bacteria the city allows in their water, but since it's 10 times higher, what's the course of action? Also, could the increase in bacteria have to do with the dead fish? I have so many questions and I am genuinely curious, keep me on the loop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's astounding that there was E.coli in the town lake couple years back. I wasn't even aware of such an event occurring. 10 times the amount of bacterial growth allowable sounds absolutely terrifying, I wonder what exactly transpired there for E.coli to show up and so much dead fish to pile up. Could they be actually correlated to each other? Wish I knew the answer, but that's why we have you, don't we?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020