A Little About Me (Bio Page)

Hello, everyone my name is Jasmine I am a sophomore at Phoenix College & this is my 4 ½ term with
Stem. I started Stem during the summer when I graduated from Metro Tech High School. I have done
two big projects throughout my two years of being at Phoenix College.


1. Develop a protocol from isolation of lysozyme from Egg White The synthesis of the Chicken egg
white Extraction and DNA Extraction from the bacteria  Serratia Marcescens was performed to
verify if it is possible to develop a protocol from the isolation of Yolk from a Chicken Egg.

2. Determine how effective the NOAA protocols are for removing micro plastics from sediments.
Effectiveness of the NOAA protocol will be determined by the percent recovery of the previously added
micro plastics. This will be done for all six types of plastics.

My major is Biology; Biomedical Research. My first interest  in biology began when I was in elementary
school. My teacher was an energetic professor who would dress up as famous scientist and would made
the learning experience great and very memorable. My sister and brother are both Biology and chemistry
majors so we are kind of a science family. My careers expands from biology, my goal is to be a radiologist
focusing on tumors. Though I have changed my major and career about four or more times I am certain
of the final decision I am making. Other than being a full-time student and being an intern at
Phoenix College, I also currently work at Chipotle as a part-time employee.
When I have spare time I do enjoy Photography, though I am not a professional or anything I do enjoy
practicing. I also enjoy Binging on Netflix & eating at different restaurants and well of course taking
pictures of the the new sights I see. I am a very friendly person and extremely easy to talk to. I am also a
huge coffee person, I am determined I cannot function without a cup of coffee every morning.

Comments

  1. Hi Jasmine,
    When I was in school, I also had a teacher who inspired me. She made science accessible for every student. There were no dumb questions in her class...she always challenged us to think. As it turns out, my two girls are interested in science as well. One wants to be an inventor and create cars that can fly. The other wants to be a veterinarian.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020