Blog Post Week 2


For my new project we will be testing the types of bacteria that grows on plastics 1-6, based on different
water lakes. We will first be sanitizing all plastics 1-6 and the tea pods to make sure the bacteria they
are growing only comes from the lakes. Then we will be putting the two water samples from Tempe Town
Lake & Encanto Park in sanitized clean jars. Then we will be putting plastics 1-6 in separate tea pods.
Six will go in jar. We then will analyze the type of bacteria growth. But since I don’t yet have the water
samples what I still am working on sanitizing the tea pods and plastic. Also from my previous project
with microplastics extraction from sediment I am still waiting for the Potassium Carbonate to arrive to
redo my extraction with SPI 6 and Potassium Carbonate. Meanwhile I wait for those two I could also
work on my poster for our presentation at Metro- Tech High School and other research
conferences.

Comments

  1. Hey Jasmine, your research project sounds quite exciting! I cannot wait to see what you discover because I know you have been working with microplastics for awhile now. I hope you enjoy this project just as much as you have the others. It also sounds like you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020