Blog Post Week 9


What this week and last week consist of is putting 0.5 (g) of each plastic (SPI 1-7) in containers that contain 20 (g) of sediment in them. We will be running a total of 35 samples, meaning each SPI will contain 5 samples that will be run through the funnel. To create a method to extract plastic from the sediment. I used a small scale to measure out the 20 (g) of sediment, not all the samples contained exactly 20 (g), some samples contained an approximate measure of 20.1 (g) - 20.9 (g). I made a huge mistake of running 1.5 (g) of SPI 3 into one whole container containing the 20 (g) of sediment instead of 0.5 (g), which caused to have less plastic sample of SPI 3, I do still have shredded plastic left but perhaps not enough for 5 samples. I also don’t have enough of SPI 2. Which means I will have to do a lot more shredding of plastic throughout this week. Also when I was scaling the the 0.5 (g) of plastic, I used two different types of scales which could of perhaps messed up the amount of plastic that each sample contained. I hope to finish with at least one sample that has its complete 5 containers with plastic and sediment to run it through the funnel and continue through the extracting of plastic sediment.

Comments

  1. Hey Jasmine, I was wondering what all those little containers were for! This explains it. It’s good how you realized you had added 1.5 g of SPI3 because if you had not, you probably would not have known why the value for that container was any different than the others. Good luck and have fun on more shredding!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020