Blog Post Week 10

Blog Post Week 10

This week is going to consist just of me working on the poster to have ready to present at Metro-Tech, though it is going to be a bit hard since I have yet to start the process of running the sediment and the micro plastic through the funnel. It is also going to be challenging since I also still don’t have any of my conclusions ready. Unfortunately, I still need to shred more plastic (SPI1) which is a long process as well. So I started to shred the plastic bottle with the shredder but got extremely irritated and have decided I am just going to try and melt the water bottle the same way I melted SPI4 in the autoclave. Since that took me less than 1 hour to shred. I also was having a hard time weighting the foam to an exact 0.5 g, so I looked up if there a possible way I could melt that as well. Luckily I found a video that prove that acetone could melt foam. Hopefully this plastic shredding could be done with and my next process could finally begin.

  

Comments

  1. Hey Jasmine! How did you make the picture look like a video? Tell me your secrets! Anyway, I don’t know about you but I bet you are happy that you don’t have to spend much time shredding plastics (although that might have been a good workout). Plus, melting and seeing things dissolve looks like fun! Good luck on your poster for Metro Tech :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020