Blog Post Week 1


This week sadly I didn’t get the chance to complete my full nine hours of lab because I was scheduled to work during the weekdays at Dunkin Donuts and I was only able to complete about half of those hours, which made me really upset because during that time I could have started planning with Brian the tool that we he will be helping develop to improve the process of shredding microplastics. Next week my work schedule should be fixed again and returned to me only working weekends. My research on microplastics will continue with Matt, this term we should be coming to a conclusion with our research and have completed our official data. This term we will have student from URSA Major Club, Science Club, WAESO interns come in and help me with the shredding of the microplastics which is the only step that is withholding the process of my research. Brian will also be helping me. He will be developing a tool that will be used to shred big plastic products into microplastics size so that we don’t have to spend the whole time shredding the plastics with the cheese grinders. So hopefully by next week we should have all 90 container filled with their appropriate plastic, solution, and sediment. Also before the week starts I would like to say Thank- You to everyone who will be helping me with my research. Hope everyone has a safe and fun Labor day Weekend.

Comments

  1. Hey, Jasmine, I’m sorry to hear that you didn’t get to finish your nine hours. I guess sometimes life happens. Your research along with Matt about microplastics sounds exciting. Dr. Cotter mentioned that we all would be working together at some point since we will be researching bacteria found in plastics as well. Hopefully, we will gain knowledge and good experience on our research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jasmine, I guess it’s going to take a whole village to shred plastics! Thankfully, you’ll not only have two pair of hands to help you but plenty. By the way, how is that going? How many microplastics have you completed out of the 90? Hope everything is coming along!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020