Blog Post Week 4

This week I have found a way to extract the leftover sediment from the containers, which required me to make another batch of 5M NaCl, which also meant I ran out of Salt already but don’t think I will be needing more anytime soon. I will be extracting some leftover sediment this week and the next. Hopefully it doesn’t require a lot of time because I want to get started on the Potassium Chloride extraction already. The only thing I am not really looking forward to with that run is having to get microplastic shredded again. The good thing is that Matt purchased this like machine that Brian tried out and he was able to produce 150 mL of of SPI 2 within about an hour compared to taking me 1-2 weeks to produce that much of a single plastic kind. We will continue using the machine that was purchased but we have to make sure we are using solids plastic because the machine will only produce more efficient if they are solids. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Post Week 12

Blog Post Week 6

WAESO Spring 2020